My Family

My Family

Saturday, February 28, 2015

A new venture

This past Christmas, my sister in law, Jessica asked if I could help her out with some Christmas ornaments for the marines stationed over there with them in Poland.  She wanted a clear plastic ornament with the state they are from and their name on it.  I've had my Silhouette for a couple of years now, but haven't really done too much with it - just the occasional wall saying.  I thought this would make me work the machine and learn it.  I was pretty happy with how they turned out.


Well, this got me thinking about making additional ornaments to sell for Christmas.  I remember posting my first couple examples on Facebook and wondering if I was making the right decision selling these.

After a busy 5 weeks of making over 150 ornaments, I can say it was very successful and I had A LOT of fun doing it.  Here are a few of the style ornaments I made for customers.












I plan to make them again this upcoming year.  I will start as early as I can, so get your orders in early.  I have lots of cute ideas for this upcoming year as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment