We arrived home after the Christmas parade around 1:00 to rush and get everything ready for a 3:00 birthday party. Brody decided on a Nerf party so we created a course in our front yard for their Nerf war.
I had orange and blue bandanas so we could have 2 teams along with extra guns, bullets, and eye wear. We didn’t want any accidents.
The kids (and adults) were so funny running all around.
The kids soon lost interest but the adults had their chance to play and we had a blast. We playe
We played guys vs girls and we girls actually one of the 3 games.
A little excitement from the female side.
The guys are worried and trying to come up with a scheme.
With such a busy week, I asked my uncle Chris to make Brody's cake. The inside was camo colors so Brody was very excited. I was very thankful that he made so I didn't stress over making the cake.
Present time. A "Who Was" book - these are some of Brody's favorite books.
Brody thought he was something else with this Bortles jersey from Jude.
This is what a VERY busy week and a fulfilled birthday party looks like at the end of the week.
I can't believe we have an 8 year old in our house. He is growing up way too fast. I'm not sure I'm ready for this.
Here are a few things about our 8 year old:
- He enjoys all sports, however, he is still trying to learn that it is ok to lose.
- He does very well in school and thankfully so far the stuff is coming easy to him.
- He loves math and science.
- He can be such a helper when he sets his mind to it. These are the times I am a proud mom.
- He and Trevor enjoy playing with each other (most of the time).
- He enjoys playing Legos, video games, and still loves to dress up in his super hero costumes.
- He is starting to feel that he is too big to go children's church, which is sad for me.
I am thankful for our very busy week, but SO glad it is over and we are ready to get ourselves prepared for Christmas.