My Family

My Family

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Missing Teeth

**Warning - if you don't like gross pictures then don't scroll too far - it's really not that bad, but wanted to give you a warning.

Brody has lost 6 teeth and did pretty good losing them.  He does not pull them out.  He likes to let them sit there for awhile until they really just fall out.  For the past 5 or 6 months he had 2 top teeth that were so loose that he couldnt eat food correctly.  I begged and begged him to wiggle and pull them out.  When I brushed his teeth I would try and brush harder to try and get them looser.  I offered extra money but never could convince him.  I knew we had a cruise coming soon and I wanted him to be able to eat ALL of the food, so I convinced him to let Mrs. Proffits (his Kindergarten teacher), pull them out one morning.  She is the teeth puller at school and of course he loves Mrs. Proffit. 






Well, I wasnt quite prepared for what was underneath.  Since the teeth were loose for so long, the roots were gone and the teeth were hollow inside.  However, the gums had grown inside the tooth, which is what was holding the teeth in. 



I had no clue what this was.  I freaked out quite a bit when I saw it and of course lots of blood when I tried to brush them that morning at school.  I thought it could have been his real tooth that had grown inside but didnt develop because the other tooth wasnt out.  I know crazy mom thought, but I didnt have any idea and the 3 or 4 people we showed it to that morning didnt have a clue either.

Needless to say I made a dentist appointment that afternoon just in case.  Thank goodness they said everything was fine and just to rinse with warm salt water and it should diminish in about a week or so.


He was pretty happy they were gone and felt much better.













No comments:

Post a Comment