My Family

My Family

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Random September Happenings

Here are a few random things that happened during September.

We decided to have our 12th grade class over after a SNL and we had a great turnout.  A few pictures from playing Heads Up - a very fun game.  We laughed so hard and really got to know our new students for the year.




Morgan acting out "going up stairs"




Trevor was assigned during class to draw a picture for someone special and then Mrs. Brown would mail it.  This was a picture for PoPo, our neighbor.  Trevor loves him and I am pretty sure it is mutual.


At the beginning of September, I was able to take a "Me" day at the beach all by myself.




It was so nice to be able to just sit and read a book that I have had for a couple of years but have never made time to read - what a great book so far!!  The weather was a little warm (even in September), but it was very relaxing.


I decided it was time to convert Trevor's closet to an adjustable one.  He had the wire shelves and 3 hanging racks but they weren't adjustable so the shelves were too close together and his clothes were getting bigger.  Well, what started out as what I thought would be a Saturday project ended up to be a week or longer project.  I headed off on Saturday morning to get the new closet supplies and while I was gone Jason cleaned out the closet to start prepping.  Well, the old closet was put in with nails so sheetrock was ripped out in order to take those down.  This meant patch work was needed AND we had to paint the closet - GREAT!!



Trevor is so excited to be able to pick out his school shirts and see them all - or maybe it's really just me who is so excited with the new closet.

Trevor was W.O.W. aka Warrior of the Week the week of September 22 and he was so excited.

School pictures came in and I had to do a little time lapse but then I got pretty sad.


Trevor practiced his penmanship and learned why we don't write on clipboards that don't belong to him in class.

Both classes were studying apples so I thought apple cake pops would be a great way for them to celebrate!!

We are off to October - one of our busiest months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment