My Family

My Family

Friday, October 3, 2014

Enjoy each moment

My heart is heavy right now as a little boy in Trevor's Kindergarten class lost his mother in a tragic car accident yesterday.   She was on her way to pick him up from Run/Walk club where he along with Trevor were running.  Tears rolled down my face last night as I tucked my little boy into bed thinking about that poor little boy who wouldn't have a mom to tuck him at night anymore.  As I walked Trevor to class this morning the same thing came to mind - he will no longer have his mom to walk him to class.  It's never easy to go through anything like this but for a 5 year old - oh my goodness I can't even imagine.

As I read my morning devotion and I spent some time in prayer, all I could do was cry for this family and ask God to give them strength during this difficult and tragic time.  I prayed that God would show me how to show His love to the family and the little boy.  I prayed that I would stop taking every moment with my boys for granted because it could be our last.  I prayed that God would help me be the mom they need and at the same time be the mom they want to be around.  I prayed for God to be real to my boys and they would have a heart for Him and a heart for others.  This was definitely one of those eye/ heart opening times with Jesus this morning where I felt him really speaking to me and I pray I won't forget it.

As you read this blog, enjoy every moment you have with your kids and family - Make Them Count for God and with each other!!




No comments:

Post a Comment