My Family

My Family

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A new way for Bible Study

Warning - This is a different type of post today.  I don't usually spill my heart like this but I just feel that I need to to show how God speaks.

On Monday, Jason started listening to Mark Hall's (from Casting Crowns) daily Bible study video out of James.  You can get to it via Facebook by just "Liking" Casting Crowns.  Tuesday morning he told me if I got a chance to go out and Like their page so I could start listening to it as well.  He said it was pretty good.  We are big Casting Crowns fans and Mark is so down to earth.

So, I listened to Day 1 of the study on Tuesday and it was really good.  Later that day some things happened to me and I wasn't really sure what the outcome is going to be.  Of course I prayed for God to give me comfort through whatever might be coming my way.  

On my way home, I called Jason to explain to him what was going on.  He said we will get through it whatever happens.  I am so thankful for a husband who said just the right thing to me and made me feel that he would stand by me and we would get through this.  There are so many other things he could have said but he chose just the right words.  I pray I could do the same thing if the pages were turned.  

He also asked "I told you to do one thing today, did you?"  At first I had no clue what he was talking about, and then it clicked that he wanted me to listen to the Bible study video.  I said yeah, I did but I only was able to listen to Day 1.  He said, well you should have listened to Day 2.

So being the obedient wife I am :) I made sure to listen to Day 2 today.  WOW!!!  Boy was Jason right - I so needed to hear that.  I am so amazed at how God brings exactly what you need to hear at the right time. Now I just need to realize that I may not understand why God allows things he does and I may not be happy about things but I need to have joy and understand that God will get me through whatever comes my way.  He sees the whole picture.

Hope you all get a chance to check out Mark's video Bible Study - I don't think you'll be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment