My Family

My Family

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The first of MANY to come

The long awaited day (mostly by Brody) was finally here - GAME DAY!!  Brody received his uniform on Thursday and of course he put it on time we got home and didn't want to take it off.  Even Friday morning when he woke up at 7:15, he ate his poptart and then put his uniform on (now mind you Jason and I were still asleep) - but he was so proud of his uniform.

Showing off his new uniform



Saturday morning was no different, he was so excited and put on his uniform first thing - 7:30 - we weren't leaving until 9:20 but he was ready.  We were all planning on going out to the ball park, but Trevor had different plans.  He had been running a HIGH fever since Thursday and it even hit 107 on Friday, so thankfully my mom was able to watch Trevor and then they brought him out to watch as well (poor thing wasn't doing so great)

We thought this would be a 3 person picture but Trevor squeezed himself in - he didn't want to be leftout.


I think this was my first time ever going out to the ball park so I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pretty excited.  Opening ceremonies were first where all the teams lined up on the field and they introduced the teams and coaches and the first ball was thrown out.  Brody's team has 12 players - 8 boys and 4 girls and 6 coaches.  It is a really great team since I know most of the parents on it so it makes it fun - if it would only stay this way through the years.  Well thankfully we have 6 coaches because we needed them to try and keep these kids clean (with their white pants) for an hour before pictures.


Opening ceremonies was only about 30 minutes and then we were off to pictures.  All went well with that and thankfully Brody stayed clean - what a challenge.

We had an hour to wait until our game so I was somewhat prepared with a lunchable because Brody is ALWAYS hungry and I sure didn't need a melt down while he was on the field.


Game time had finally arrived and he was so excited (yes I was pretty excited too).  This ball park was crazy with all of the parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles and whoever else you could think of.  Of course Nini and Papa were there sporting their new Royals shirts and poor little Trevor sat in stroller just eating away while I prayed he would stay put for the whole game (he did up until the last 10 minutes - thank goodness for snacks).

Me and Kerri Boatright along with 3 grandmas positioned ourselves right behind home plate - Papa was in the outfield.   I forgot to bring a chair but I sure didn't need one because I stood the entire time and was cheering the entire time - I'm a little competitive even though this game is really all about having fun and these little kids had a blast.


From what I can understand so far, all the kids on the team hit each inning so Brody hit twice.  One of the coaches pitch 3 balls to them to see if they can hit it and if not then the ball gets put on the tee.  Brody got on base both times and scored the first time and was a close out for the second one.


Most of the boys were a little timid up to bat with all the cheering going on - not sure what was going on.  At one time, he even turned around and asked where Nini was which she was right behind the plate - my mom was quite proud.


On first base

Not sure what kind of moves he is doing here on 2nd base.

Run Brody Run

 

My little boy coming home!


He slowed up for some reason right as he got to home so he was out.  Don't worry Coach Daddy talked to him about that when we got home.

As for the outfield he played near second base and was able to stop the ball once and threw to the center circle which means all play is to stop.  Other than that he didn't pay much attention in the outfield - the typical hat off, glove in the face, turning around waving to Papa, and whatever else a bored little 4 year old outfielder might do, but he had fun.

    Coach Jason



He might be singing here

 

My favorite picture of the day

Of course the snack afterwards is a highlight of the day - crazy!!  A day at the ball park isn't complete without a trip to McDonalds - Brody's favorite.


What a wonderful first day at the ball park even though my little man was so sick.  Can't wait for the remaining season and I sure I have one little 4 year old who can't wait for the next game next Saturday.  Now off to wash the uniform to try and get it nice and white again.

No comments:

Post a Comment