My Family

My Family

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dino's come ALIVE

Today we headed out to the zoo, like I've said in previous posts the weather is wonderful here now so we are taking advantage of it.  The zoo has a new exhibit going on DinoAlive and Brody loves dinosaurs.  However, when we took him to the MOSH exhibit almost 2 years ago - he didn't like it because they were scary.  Not sure how this was going to be since I didn't know what to expect either.  Oh well, we went with it and explored together.

A zoo visit isn't complete unless we take a picture with the turtle

Brody didn't know about the exhibit but as soon as he saw the sign pulling into the zoo he was SOO excited and of course that was the first thing we had to do.  Brody was on the look out for the dinosaur signs to help us find where it was.

We got our map and headed off to explore.  I was very amazed at how life like they were and they made noises as well.  Brody wasn't scared at all - he let out a few play screams when the dinos would make noises.  He loved trying to find the different dinos on the map.  Now, the dinos didn't phase Trevor AT ALL.  He even told me what the dinos said.







There were a few spots that I was a little startled because I wasn't expecting a HUGE dinosaur to be right behind me when I turned around.  Brody talked all big about the TREX but he was quite BIG so he wasn't so sure about getting a picture in front of him.  He kept talking about the dinosaur that killed another dinosaur and it was a mean one - why does that fascinate little boys?






Brody was not a fan of this dino - he was very LOUD.

MR. TREX




After the great dinosaur exhibit we ate a picnic lunch from home.  I'm so glad I planned ahead because it was so much easier and CHEAPER.  Brody called Daddy to tell him all about the dinosaurs and to tell him that he needed to come meet us there after work and to follow the dinosaur signs.  Thank goodness we have a annual pass because I guess we will be back before the exhibit leaves.


Next on the agenda was the train and lions and of course Shave Ice - a zoo trip isn't complete unless you have one of these.

Another reason we go to the zoo - "Oh the zoo has animals too?"




We took off to the Florida area to see the alligators and what did Brody find - the snake exhibit.  I try to avoid this AT ALL costs because I HATE snakes and I feel that they are always crawling on me when I go in there.  What we do for our kids.  I stayed way back along the back wall and let him go around to the windows.

Trevor couldn't quite make the entire trip - and 4 hours later he is still asleep.  Maybe we should go to the zoo everyday to get them to take good naps.
It was such a wonderful day with my 2 boys.  Of course Brody told me he wasn't tired but he fell asleep about 10 minutes down the road.  Thankfully both boys transport pretty good to their beds to finish out their naps - which is how I'm able to post this right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment