My Family

My Family

Friday, February 18, 2011

The joys of the dentist

Does anyone actually love the dentist?  Well, I do know someone who does, but that's another story (she's crazy anyway).  So how do you try and explain to a 4 year old that the dentist is ok and there's nothing to be scared about - especially when I won't be back there with him.  Well, that was our scenario last week.

Brody had his first dentist visit when he was 2 so I've been a little bit of a slacker and scheduled his next appt when he was 4.  His first visit was just a way to get used to it and the one last week was the real thing - cleaning, xrays & flouride.

The entire trip to the dentist I coached him on what was going to happen - trying to make sure he wouldn't cause too much of a scene.  There was even a bribe involved if he did really well.  When they called his name there was a slight hesitation and wanting me to hold him and go back with him.  Finally the hygienist just picked him up and took him back.
About 20 minutes later he came out with his balloon and bag full of goodies.  The hygienist explained that he did really good and asked a TON of questions.



So off we went to the surprise place - Jump Zone.  We made one stop first - to see Granny at the Rehab Center.  She fell several weeks ago and broke her neck so she's in a rehab for a little while.  We didn't stay long because 2 boys in a quiet rehab center doesn't mix well.



Brody (and Trevor) were so excited when we got there and off they went to run and jump.  Boy was I busy trying to keep up with them.  We only stayed about an hour or so but I think they had a blast.  I'm sure Brody is eager to get back there.


 Trevor thinks he is such a big boy climbing all by himself.

 And down he goes.






No comments:

Post a Comment