My Family

My Family

Friday, February 18, 2011

If 1 wasn't enough

So I guess I was trying to torment my poor Brody because I scheduled an eye appointment last week as well - 2 dr appointments in 1 week.  When Brody had his 4 year old check up at Carither's back in Jan, he didn't do so well on the eye test - I honestly think he was just being a typical 4 yr old - silly.  Carither's said they couldn't get a good read and thought it was best to go to a children's opthamalogist.  I should have used my motherly instinct and just waited until he started saying he had a problem.

Well, once again I coached him on what was going to happen but he didn't really want to go.  I explained that I go ALL the time and it doesn't hurt.  He told me the morning of that he could see as he held 1 finger in front of his face.  So cute, but off we went even though I felt we should be at the ear doctor since he hadn't been able to hear me for quite a few days, but oh well.

Brody did pretty good with the vision part and they said he had 20/40.  Then came the WORST THING EVER - they had to dilate his eyes.  I tried to explain to him that it wouldn't be bad, but oh that didn't work.  He kicked and screamed as he had to lay down on the table and the lady pried his eyes open enough to get the drops in.  It was terrible.  They said they needed to dilate in order to get a good read for a prescription.  Well, he has a slight stigmatism but the doctor said no need for glasses or anything now.  See I knew I should have used my motherly instinct and not gone.

Since I thought he did pretty good we celebrated by going to Dairy Queen.  I felt really bad for him having to go through that but I definitely know the eye drops don't hurt so he was making it worse than it really is.

 Sporting his BIG glasses!!
I guess he's pretty happy that it was all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment