My Family

My Family

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Trevor is 15 months

While we were at Disney Trevor decided to come down with a slight fever so perfect timing for our well check up appointment the following Wednesday.  I'm beginning to dread the doctor office visits because Trevor HATES them.  As soon as the nurse tells us to take his clothes off to weigh & for a temperature he is SCREAMING.  She really hasn't even touched him.  He is bending back & kicking not wanting to even sit on the scale.  It is such a chore and I am VERY thankful that Jason goes with me to these visits.  He has always made a point to make the well check appointments - what a wonderful husband!!
Once the nurse leaves we then have the lovely task of trying to keep Trevor (& Brody) entertained without letting him crawl on the nasty floor.  Brody's favorite game while in the doctor's office is I Spy!!  We play it EVERY time - it keeps him entertained. 

When Dr. Hardman comes in - Trevor is not liking her too much.  She is so nice and is our favorite so I'm not sure what his problem is.  He screams as soon as she puts her stethoscope to his chest - you would have thought there were needles on the thing.  Once again thankful Jason is there to hold him while I try and listen to the advice she has for us.  Of course he has an ear infection - it never fails we go in for well checks and our boys are diagnosed with ear infections.  I guess I'm thankful they don't complain about them.  It's becoming a big joke between us with Dr. Hardman.

Trevor is not a great eater actually he just wants snacks and won't even try new food so I was desperate to hear Dr. Hardman's advice.  It was pretty tough - 3 meals & 2 snacks and no more.  He may go to bed hungry but it's okay.

Along with 15 months comes bumps & bruises which Trevor will I'm sure get plenty of but here's the first.  He was climbing & standing on one of our chairs and fell towards the back of the chair and voila our first bump.

Trevor also has a MAJOR drooling issue.  He has been drooling since he was 2 weeks old and he has a bib on in every picture.  This was one of my concerns for this visit.  Dr. Hardman suggested I take him to a speech therapist just to learn some techniques to work with Trevor on.  Hopefully it will work and we can get rid of the bibs!!

Well, Trevor is holding at around the 50% mark in height & weight - a little smaller than Brody was at that age.  He is definitely beginning to get his little personality - tantrums and all.  He is very affectionate and loves to give big hugs.  We are working on giving hugs instead of hits - it's a work in progress but don't worry big brother will tell on him in a heartbeat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment