My Family

My Family

Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas - Disney style - Part 1

I can't believe it's already Dec and I am finally starting the blog about our Disney vacation back in November. This is our second year taking a trip to Disney around Christmas with my parents. We were staying at Saratoga Springs Resort again - it worked great last year with a 2 bedroom suite - plenty of space and we were staying Tuesday - Saturday. Last year we were quite exhausted after 4 days in a row at the parks so we said we would just do 3 days this year.

We left Tuesday after work ( I however didn't work that day - it's amazing how much packing is involved to get us all out the door). I was bragging when Jason got home stating that everything was ready to go and at the dining room table ready to be loaded. He packed it all up and we were out the door around 4:30 - not quite as early as I had hoped because I really wanted to spend some time exploring the hotel when we got there but oh well. We got about 5 minutes down the road and I made the comment that I was shocked that he could actually see out the back window especially with my suitcase - Jason says what suitcase? the one in the bedroom with ALL of my clothes. Needless to say we quickly turned around. Whew, glad we thought about it then and not when I got to Orlando - that would have been one expensive shopping trip.

Wednesday morning we were up bright and early and heading to Hollywood Studios. So much for relaxing on this trip. I always feel that we spend all this money on the tickets that we have to see EVERYTHING we can while we are there. Brody was so excited to be at Disney again which of course makes a mama so happy.

This trip was going to be a little different than last year since Trevor won't really sit through a show and he's not a big fan of the stroller for very long periods of time so it looks like we'll have very active days of chasing him. Our first stop was Toy Story - the best ride!! Jason and I are pretty competitive so Mom held Trevor during this ride so that was her excuse as to why she didn't play well. Brody was definitely getting better since he's been playing the game on the Wii at home.


Our next stop was one of the 2 shows we saw - Playhouse Disney. I really thought Trevor would do ok here, but within the first 5 minutes of the show he was taken out. It was pretty sad because he really just wanted to go up and touch Mickey who he LOVES!!! For lunch where else would we go besides Pizza Planet? Thankfully Trevor fell asleep right before we ate since he's not very good at sitting still at the table - he actually did this everyday at lunch which worked out great - he then ate on the go in the stroller.



It was then playtime at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area. Boy did they have fun.





We had to be sure to get a good spot for their parade since Brody loves ALL of the characters. Brody was even picked to go out and dance with Jesse, which was pretty cool - he mostly stood around and watched.

We stayed around for the Osborne Christmas Light Show which is beautiful and they even have "snow". It was definitely time to leave after that since Trevor was DONE!! He loves his bed come about 8PM.



It was a great first day and we were so excited for our day at the Magic Kingdom on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment