My Family

My Family

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Brody turns 4 - where has the time gone

December 2, my big boy turned 4.  I can't believe how much he has grown.  I'm usually not too emotional with these type of things but a couple of nights before his birthday, I actually had my melt down when I put him to bed.  I couldn't believe how big he was getting and how fast and my fear was that I was letting it slip right through my hands.

Brody is so smart - almost too smart for us :)  He is like a sponge at this point - he loves for us to read books to him and will stop anything for us to read to him.  He loves his little cars - and he has a ton of them - Jason says a boy can't have too many.  He enjoys playing games even though he doesn't lose very well - we have to work on that.  He loves anything that deals with a ball - he will still go out and hit a golf ball for an hour or so - like father like son. 

Since his birthday was on a Thursday, he went to school and it was a special day for him.  I showed up in the afternoon with cupcakes.  The kids were so excited as they got up from their nap to feast on some cupcakes.



 Brody getting to choose something out of the treasure chest - this took forever and he came away with a small pack of cards.


 All of his classmates.  They all lined up for me to sing me their song and say their Bible verse for their Christmas presentation.  It was so cute and they were so proud.

 Since his party wasn't until Saturday, we celebrated in a small way Thursday night.

Wow, my little boy is no longer little.  However, the week after he turned 4 was awful it's like he changed - whining, crying, etc.  I've talked to several people and they said that the week after their birthday the kids will sometimes be crazy!!  I'm a believer and I'm ready for my boy to be back - maybe it had something to do with him being a little sick.  Oh well, it has to get better, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment