My Family

My Family

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Toy Story Crazy

If you have a boy in your house, I'm sure you will relate to this blog. Last month, Toy Story 3 came out and Brody has been waiting for it a LONG time. He first saw Toy Story at school, but of course it was put back in the vault and you couldn't buy it. Jason and I hadn't seen it in a long time. Thankfully, they released them around in Easter so of course the Easter Bunny brought Brody both 1 and 2.

A couple of weeks after being released, we took Brody along with John, Tracy & Baylie to see Toy Story 3. You never know how 3 & 4 year olds will act, but these 2 did so good. We even let them sit next to each other and thankfully the theater wasn't crowded. They had their list of rules and pretty much kept to them especially once the movie came on. I guess it helps when Brody could chow down on some popcorn.

There was a point in the movie when the toys were in the garbage dump and I looked over at my sensitive son and there were tears in his eyes. I felt so sorry for him. He was even shaking a little bit. I put my arm around him and said it'll be okay, probably Buzz will help them get out. I thought to myself, if these toys die what in the world am I going to do. Brody will be devastated. Whew, thank goodness things worked out okay.

They really enjoyed the movie and Brody doesn't stop talking about Buzz and Woody. We even went to the "Happy Store" last week and wow was Brody excited. Everything he saw he wanted. We couldn't keep him still. It was the cutest thing - when we were driving up to the Towne Center store (the biggest & best Toys R Us & Babies R Us) - Brody saw the signs and said "I don't want to go to the purple store, I want to go to the color store" translated - I don't want to go to Babies R Us (letters are in purple), I want to go to Toys R Us (letters are multi colored).


After about an hour or so of looking around, we came home with 2 additions to our family - meet Buzz & Woody.

2 comments:

  1. I love how he describes Babies R Us and Toys R Us- too cute-you will be glad you wrote about it several years from now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord, the toys didn't die! As the momma, what in the world would you have said?! "Life is just tough, Brody." Wow! That would have been terrible. He would have been traumatized.

    ReplyDelete