My Family

My Family

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A BUSY 4th of July weekend

Our 4th of July weekend started out with Saturday evening at the St Mary's Aquatic Center. This is the 2nd year our church reserves the park for a couple of hours and it's free for us to go in. Just like last year, the weather turned overcast and windy so of course the water felt pretty cold.

They have a little kid area with slides and a big bucket that dumps a TON of water everywhere. Well, Brody still was not too keen on the idea of all of that water possibly dumping on him, which I guess I can't blame him. We tried to explain to him that we wouldn't let it dump on him - we would be in and out before it dumped - but he wasn't buying it. So, we headed over to the lazy river with Baylie. We must have gone around that thing about 10 times - they were having a blast. Even Trevor got in on the action.

This was after about 4 times going around - of course I didn't have my camera the first 4 times when he was laughing and smiling.
This water was pretty cold and Trevor's not so sure about it.
This is the water from the bucket - can't you see why Brody's not a fan.

It was then to the big pool area - Jason took Brody and I took Trevor to the kiddie area to see if he would just sit along the sides and splash and he did and loved it. After about 15 minutes, Jason comes over and says "you have to come see Brody, he is swimming BY HIMSELF" I thought no way, but sure enough he would put his head in the water and swim to Jason AND he was enjoying it. I was so proud and this was just with 3 swimming lessons.




Check out my little fish.

After the water park, we headed to our annual spot now - Sonic for some ice cream. Yum Yum. Of course Trevor joined in for some yummy treats. It's amazing what the 2nd child does to you because I don't Brody had anything like this for awhile but then he never really acted like he wanted any of our stuff. Trevor on the other hand watches EVERYTHING that goes in our mouth and acts like he wants to try it. Not sure if Trevor will stick to just water and milk like Brody- I sure hope so.




It was a great Saturday and my boys were exhausted and fell right to sleep in the car. Thank goodness they can be transported pretty easily to their beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment