My Family

My Family

Sunday, July 25, 2010

One sandy day

A good friend of mine called me up on a Friday night and wanted to know if I wanted to go to the beach with her and her son Bradyn the next day. I admit I really had to think about it: 1) tons of stuff to pack up for 2 boys - snacks, umbrella, blanket, sunscreen, and toys 2) how sandy I was going to be afterwards 3) how sandy the boys would be and it was going to be a HUGE chore to get them cleaned up. However, after a couple of hours contemplating this decision (yes, I am horrible at making decisions), I called and said sure.

After packing most of the car Friday night, I felt we were ready. We even squeezed 3 car seats in the back of my car so we could all ride together. This was definitely a sight and I think I needed ear plugs after the 45 minute drive.

Our destination was Jason's aunt condo - she lives right on the beach in Ponte Vedra and there are showers and a pool so it makes cleaning up after a day on the beach much easier. I wish I had taken a picture of us hauling everything to the beach. Thankfully I took the wagon so most of it was in there.
My sweet boy hanging out in the shade.

Best buddies

This was Trevor's first time at the beach being able to crawl, so I knew it was going to be interesting. I layed out the blanket and put him out - no I really didn't think he would stay on it and sure enough he immediately went to the sand and of course he had to taste it.






The boys played great together and Trevor seemed to have a good time. He pretty much stayed in one spot but loved to be in the sand. I'm very thankful for the umbrella because it did offer a little shade and felt pretty nice.

He sure doesn't care that he has sand in every little crevice of his body.
We stayed actually longer than we thought we would - about 3 hours. Of course it took a good 30 minutes to get everyone cleaned up and changed for the ride home. Trevor actually fell asleep before we drove out of the parking lot - he was one tired little boy. The boys played most of the way home, but Brody did fall asleep about 15 minutes before we got home and was transported to his bed pretty easily.

It was a very successful and FUN day. I think I'm getting this beach thing down pat and it will be easier to pack everyone up the next time we go.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

    ReplyDelete