My Family

My Family

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pop Tart Heaven

Brody LOVES Pop Tarts. Yes, I know they aren't the healthiest of breakfasts but when you have a son who time his feet hit the floor in the morning he is in the pantry saying "I want somefin" - (yes that is how he says it) there is no time to think of making a wholesome breakfast (not because I'm still in the bed when he gets up - NOOOO way).

Well, we started eating the Pop Tarts to try and make it easier on Jason for school mornings - fast and easy. I of course started with no frosting, but Brody saw someone at school with Strawberry with frosting and he thought those would be GOOD!!! Of course we have a winner. What started as just school mornings as ended up like every morning even my days off. So, I thought I don't want to have to get out of bed at 7:30 on my days off just to get his pop tart out of the wrapper so I started doing this the night before



It has worked out great. Brody knows that his milk is in the fridge and he sits at the counter and eats BOTH pop tarts and usually doesn't even come in our bedroom. He is so independent. There was one morning I heard his bedroom door open and heard the toilet flush and I thought great it's way to early to get out of bed (it was like 7:15). The next thing I know it's 8:30 and he comes in my bedroom and gets on the bed - he has already changed clothes. I said "Brody, your pop tart is on the counter" His reply "I already ate it" I guess it had been over an hour since I heard him get up. What a sweet little boy who can do this all by himself and not even have to wake his mommy up or his little brother.

I know some of you are thinking what a terrible mom who won't get up with her son - well, sometimes good sleep is necessary and we feel that Brody is pretty independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment