My Family

My Family

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Easter Part 5 - Final

One of the strongest desires for Jason and I is to raise our children to love Jesus and teach them that He loves them. I find myself thinking quite often on how will I be able to teach Brody and Trevor about having that personal relationship with Jesus. It seems so hard to understand for adults so how in the world can a child understand it. Think about it- someone living in your heart, Jesus is everywhere - wouldn't that seem strange for a child to understand. However, God is constantly teaching me that we should all have that childlike faith and to trust Him. Jason and I are amazed at the things that Brody says and this Easter was no different.

About a week or so before Easter Sunday, Jason and I sat down and went through the Resurection Eggs with Brody. There are 12 eggs with something in each one like a donkey, coins, spear, crown, piece of cloth, dice, rock, etc. They were all to tell the story of Jesus's crucifixion and resurection. We (aka Jason because I can't explain things very well I get too detailed) had to simplify the story quite a bit but we were amazed at how much Brody understood. It also helps that he hears the story at school and at church. He was so excited to open up a new egg every day and even so much that he was ready to open up another one that same night but we had to teach him patience - not easy for a 3 year old.

We would always ask him different questions about the Easter story to see if he understood it. One day I asked him if Jesus was dead and he said NO, I asked so where is he - Brody - He lives in our hearts. Let me just say that makes a parent smile. We loved to hear him tell the Easter story and most of the time he got it right, but Sunday night as we opened up the last egg which was empty to show that Jesus is alive and no longer in the tomb, Brody decided to give us a run down of the Easter story using the eggs. The funniest part was when he said a donkey was on the cross. Jason and I had to turn our heads to keep from laughing because Brody was so serious and kept right on with Roman soldiers putting Jesus on the cross and then He went into the tomb.


So how do you transistion from what Easter is really about - the resurection of our Lord, to the Easter bunny coming to our house - there really isn't a good way. So here I go, the bunny came to visit and after going through my pictures I realized I didn't even take a picture of the basket before everything was taken out - oh well. Here's a few that show a few things but not how well the basket was presented. I don't think Brody really understood at first because he didn't show too much excitement - maybe because it was before he ate any breakfast - he is a hit the floor and need something to eat kind of boy.

What better thing then Toy Story?


An Easter basket is not complete without Peeps.

The Easter bunny even came to see Trevor with some biter biscuits, wagon wheels and linking blocks.
Here's some excitement - Toy Story beach towel.


I just love this picture. It was taken before church and Brody is already yawning.

Sunday evening we went over to Tara's house to visit with everyone.

Nana with all of her boys.

Opening up their Easter presents from Nana.

A great big thank you hug for Nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment