My Family

My Family

Thursday, June 18, 2009

What are we thinking???

About a month or so ago, Jason and I decided to sub contract out a new addition to our home. We received several quotes from contractors, but thought we could save some money and do it on our own. Contracting out a home is something I've always wanted to do but maybe not when I am 7 months pregnant.

After 2 weeks of waiting for our permits, this past Monday I was able to pick them up. Our plans for the addition is for a playroom and extra room/office since the exisiting office will soon become the nursery. Needless to say since we are just now getting our permits, it won't be ready when the baby comes in about 8 weeks. I'm pretty bummed about that, but I've tried to get over it.

This past weekend, we - Jason - transplanted our hedges around the back patio so we could hopefully save them to replant around the playroom. This was very manual labor and I felt sorry for him since he did all by himself with 7 month pregnant girl just watching and offering assistance when I could. Did I mention that it felt as if it were 110 degrees outside? Now that we have the hedges in pots, I think they are dying even though we are trying to water them everyday. It sure would stink to have them die after all of Jason's hard work.

People always said that you will run into unforseen issues when building and of course we already have. Hopefully these will all work out just with a little set back and behind schedule. I hope I don't get too stressed out with getting behind schedule. Unfortunately I don't have any before pictures, but there will definitely be pictures of our progress.

2 comments:

  1. I will second your "What are you thinking comment!" I am sure it will be worth it in the end, but it seems overwhelming right now- hopefully the bushes will make it- they are probably just in shock - you might should trim them back a little and keep taking care of them- they should come back. I can't wait for updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think about the reward...MORE SPACE!

    ReplyDelete