My Family

My Family

Thursday, June 11, 2009

10 weeks and counting

I cannot believe this baby will be here in less than 10 weeks. The problem is that I am NO WHERE near ready. The baby's room (office) still is FULL of "stuff" - mostly PartyLite stuff. I am trying to get rid of as much as I can but it seems to be getting worse before it gets better. I get so discouraged when I walk in there, but I know it will all work out somehow.

When I went to the doctor for my checkup, she said I was actually measuring 2 weeks early which would make my due date around Aug 5. Of course this made me even more nervous seeing that I'm not ready at all. The poor baby has no bedding picked out. However, I did finally make the furniture purchase so it's just waiting on it to come in. We are going for the 32 week 4D sonogram so I'm anxious to see what the due date will show. It's pretty funny that she said I was measuring 2 weeks early because at the beginning of this pregnancy, the computer said my due date was Aug 5.

As for how I'm feeling - it's a little different then I remember with Brody. I feel that this one is lower and sometimes I feel I need the maternity support belt :) This baby is moving a lot more then I remember with Brody and of course I have the lovely restless leg syndrome I struggle with this without being pregnant so of course it's WORSE with pregnancy. If you aren't familiar with this - it is when your legs cannot get comfortable and eventually will jump. It's the wierdest thing - I thank my mom all the time for this lovely "syndrome" since I inherited it from her. Thank goodness for Tylenol PM to help me get a good night sleep.

Since Brody was a pretty quick delivery they say this could be even faster - now that makes me feel good - not really. It really makes me nervous that I won't get to the hospital in time for an epidural - that stuff is a miracle drug. With all of this said, I'm realizing that it's time to hand all of this over to God and trust in Him to handle everything. "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart" - "Cast your care upon Him for He cares for you".

3 comments:

  1. It will all come together! You look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have RLS too...It's so aggravating!!! People who don't have it just don't understand...My mom thinks that it's all in mine & my dad's head - LOL - I wish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you'll be fine and everything will fall into place. However, with this baby coming faster (possibly) that means no shower and standing over a towel for awhile getting ready!! LOL. Just do ur make-up in the car on the way or something, haha. Good luck and I really hope things start working out with the house and baby's room and you start feeling more prepared (which I'm sure you already are!) Love y'all and miss y'all!!

    ReplyDelete