My Family

My Family

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

First beach trip

Since being in the house all weekend long (a couple of weeks ago), I was desperately wanting to get. I decided to head to the beach for our first trip this summer, but I thought it would be fun to have Sara Lynn, Tyler, and Jenny Beth Ard join us as well. Sara Lynn and Tyler were actually our flower girl and ring bearer in our wedding so I can't believe they are 14 years old now. WOW!! Brody loves being around them and they were a HUGE help at the beach.

I wasn't sure how Brody would handle the water since he HATES getting his face wet in the bath tub. Last year all he really did was play in the sand so of course that's where he started. Once the Ards hopped in the water, Brody wasn't too far behind. He absolutely loved it and didn't mind the water in his face. He would lay in the water on his stomach and say he was swimming and when he stood he was surfing. The water was a little rough but it didn't stop him. He wanted to be right out there with them - no matter how deep it was. Yes, this got a little difficult to handle at times. I quickly realized that it would be very difficult for me to handle him by myself at the beach being 7 months pregnant. Definitely the Ards will be joining us for our next beach outing.




After the beach, we had to stop by the playground - no beach trip is complete without this. He loved it. I told him we would get a chocolate milkshake on the way home, however, as he fell asleep in the Dairy Queen drive thru he was still saying chocolate milkshake - I ate a blizzard for him though. He loved it. BTW, he wore his big boy pants all day and didn't have an accident. I was one proud mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment