My Family

My Family

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy Father's Day

After church on Father's Day, Jason headed off to play golf in the HOT SUN to finish up his 2 day tournament. I guess I couldn't complain since it was Father's Day!! Brody and I headed to the beach to spend time with my parents at a beach house of one of my mom's coworkers who is gone for the summer - convenient, huh?? Brody took his nap on the way over and I THOUGHT he would continue the nap once we got there - but no chance. He knew we were at the beach and was ready to play.

Around 3:00 or so we headed out and my cousin, Charleen and her family stopped by to play as well. Macy is a year or so older than Brody so they were able to play together pretty good. Brody is loving the beach - he doesn't necessarily have to be in the water. We bought him a golf set for the beach and he LOVES it.

It was a great Father's Day and I am very thankful for my dad who has had rough first part of the year. When I look back at the past month or so I realize how God has had His hand in all of this and am so blessed to have my dad. I love him so much and he has always been there for me whenever I needed him. There have been so many times when I have called him at the last minute to watch Brody and he's always been available. I'm so thankful.
The other man in my life has been such a blessing from God. Jason is such a great dad to Brody. I love watching them play together and it's amazing how Brody wants to do everything his daddy does - just like playing golf. I am very thankful to also have a husband who loves the Lord and is leading our family in what the Lord would have us do. I love you Jason and thank Jesus all the time for being the great husband and father that you are!

One of Jason's father's day presents - a new mousepad with 2 golf pictures of him and Brody.

Jason's new "raincoat" from Brody. Leave it to a 2 1/2 year old to tell what the present is "before" they open it. I've learned my lesson that you don't let them help you wrap it.

No comments:

Post a Comment