My Family

My Family

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Our new "temporary" buddies

A couple of years ago Brody had Easter pictures with ducks and bunnies in a studio.  Well, I waited too long this year to find somewhere that did that.  So, I thought well I'll find some chicks and take their picture with them.  Well, I mentioned something to my "friend" Carrie about it and she said oh yeah I'll bring you 2 chicks.  I really thought she was joking but I pulled into my garage one day last week and heard the lovely "squeek squeek" and saw on top of our freezer in a box 2 of these little fellows.


Well, I was more thinking to go somewhere and take the pictures and leave the chicks there, but I guess Carrie thought otherwise.  Since we are going to try our best at not letting these little fellows die I had to do some quick research to see what I could feed them - oatmeal was the winner but these little guys were HUNGRY and ate all the time.  We also put a fan on them during the day - we thought they might get a little warm in our garage.  We just needed to keep them until Easter Sunday and then they could go to a better home (if they survived).

The first meeting with the boys was quite funny - Brody (usually our scaredy cat) touched them immediately and was ready to hold them.  Trevor on the other hand who we thought would love them and probably squeeze them to death was NOT a fan of these little things.  He thought they were ok at first but as soon as I picked one up to show him he freaked out.

Saturday morning I was determined to get my pictures with these chickens.  All dressed up (not in Easter Sunday clothes though - they would have for sure gotten dirty) we headed over to my parents where there is a little more shade.  Here are the results... 


 Trevor being brave and touching one.

 But look how fast he moves when Brody picks one up.


 Oh No, one is about to escape.

 Poor little chick - trying not to be squeezed to death.


 Still not so sure about these little guys.


 Sweet brothers.

 All ready to pack it up and go back home.



You have to snap pretty fast with these boys because they aka Trevor is up and running before you know it.  I felt it was pretty successful and they had fun with the little chicks.  Now we were just hoping they survived for another day so the cousins could enjoy them as well.

1 comment: