My Family

My Family

Friday, May 6, 2011

Easter Sunday finally arrived - He has Risen!!

Sunday's are always CRAZY at our house, so of course Easter Sunday morning is NO different.  Thankfully Jason didn't have to be at church early and leave me to get the boys ready by myself.  Since Brody didn't have a nap the day before and went to bed around 10:30 Sat night, he was ready to sleep the day away so I had to pick him up & carry him to the kitchen.  For some reason the Easter bunny wasn't a real big deal at our house - I really think if the Easter bunny hadn't come Brody wouldn't have thought twice about it.  We weren't trying not to talk about the Easter bunny - we even went and took pictures with the bunny at the mall - but I think all of our talk about the true meaning of Easter via the Resurrection eggs and at school took the focus off the good ol' Easter bunny.

Since we didn't have much time Sunday morning, Brody barely got the chance to see what all was left for him and poor Trevor surely didn't get a chance to look at his basket except for the jelly beans that Brody decided to show and offer to him - oh those poor Sunday School teachers.


I had to wake him and carry him in there and he wasn't sure what was going on.


Then he saw some cool stuff.

A new Spiderman book for his tag - "just what I wanted"












He was SOOOO excited about his new Star Wars Wii game.


Letting Trevor try out his jelly beans.


Jason and I coteach the 12th grade guys and girls and I usually prepare breakfast for them, well I knew Easter was going to be crazy so I just figured I would go by Winn Dixie and pick up some doughnuts.  Well, we received the BEST phone call from Randy & Julie saying they would stop by & pick stuff up for us since they knew it would be a crazy morning with 2 kids.  Since we had a few extra minutes before church I was able to take a couple of pictures of the boys.

My cute golfer boys.  Brody said that morning that he thought people would think they were golfers.

We had a wonderful day at church with great music and preaching and then we were home for Easter lunch at our home with both sides at our house.  Thankfully I only provided the ham and bread and then everyone just brought something to go with it - EASY!!!

We TRIED to take a few family pictures after church but the boys were SOOO cranky with being so tired from yesterday that they aren't as great as I would want, but I had to go with it.


Nini and her boys.


Thankfully we were able to get Trevor to take about an hour nap and Brody slept for about 2 hours until I had to wake him up so he could at least partake in the final egg hunt.  All 4 boys had a blast finding a TON of eggs.

 Nana with all of her boys.


 So in tune with the egg hunt


 Running to find another one.

 Aunt Jess helping Trevor out


 Trevor finally got tired of looking for eggs so he took a break to check out what is inside.

 Playing with the chicks.

 Still checking out the eggs.

 The little chick found a new home on Aunt Tara.


Checking out their Easter baskets from Nana and Nini.
 Shark sunglasses

 A new iron man costume from Nini

And a fishing pole from Papa

1 comment: