My Family

My Family

Friday, May 27, 2011

It's great to be a MOM!!

Mother's Day was crazy this year seeing that Jason and I got home from the beach weekend on the Saturday before so no time to really plan what to do - not that Jason lets me, but the in control person that I am always feels that I need a plan.  You know it is Mother's Day and I should be doing something for my mom and Jason's mom but at the same time I'm a mom too and don't really want to do anything except rest!!  Before I get too far ahead of myself...

While getting ready for church Brody called me out to the kitchen and I had a yellow bag waiting on me.  He was so excited even though he had no clue what was in it - we can't tell him about gifts because you know a 4 year old can't keep a secret.  Anyway, they got me a new lens for my camera.  I was pretty excited.  I have been wanting an all purpose lens and they got me an 18mm to 135mm - YIPPEE!!  Brody kept saying now you can take more pictures of us - not like he looks at the camera :(



Off to church we went with my new camera lens in tow because Brody was singing in "big" church that morning.  He was pretty excited as was I.  Now, I thought there were other boys in the choir, but nope my boy was the "stud" of the group.  One day he will pretty proud to have had all of those girls around him. 




Love their faces.

He did a great job and even did a shout out to Nini - it wouldn't be complete without someone doing it.

This year I opted to just go out to eat even though the thought of taking 2 tired boys Sunday after church to a restaurant was pretty exhausting - oh well, Jason assured me it would be ok.  We were headed to Olive Garden - but I guess EVERYONE else had the same idea because it was over an hour wait - NO THANK YOU!!!  Zaxby's it was and thankfully Trevor slept on the ride over (about 15 min)!! 

The boys were pretty tired but I still had to attempt to take a few pictures since it was Mother's Day.



Trevor isn't so sure what Nini is doing.



Fun Times

After about a 3-4 nap by the boys and a couple hour nap by yours truly, we were well rested.  It was a great weekend and God has truly blessed me with 2 great boys and a Godly mom who has taught me by example.

No comments:

Post a Comment