My Family

My Family

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Brody's first round of golf

A couple of weeks ago, our church had their annual golf tournament at Kings Bay. Jason thought this would be a great opportunity to take Brody and see how he would do. Jason's foursome was Ryan, Poppy, and Keith so it was people Brody knew. We didn't even tell Brody until that morning when Jason was getting ready. Brody asked where Jason was going and he told him to play golf, Brody immediately asks "Can I go?" He was so excited with our answer. He told me he was going to take his clubs. I could only imagine how this was going to go.
I was pretty excited because I was going shopping with mom with only 1 child. It felt like a vacation!!! Well, we thought the tournament started at 10:30 but there was registering, lunch and Bro. Todd speaking beforehand. Jason was a little concerned of how Brody would be to have to wait a couple of hours before they actually played - but Brody did great. He was so talkative when they got there, he would go right up to people he didn't know and show them his golf swing. I wish I could have seen it.

When I called Jason around 3:30 or so I just knew Brody would be asleep in the cart, but Oh NO he was getting out of the cart everytime and grabbing either his driver or putter to hit his ball just like the big guys. He continued like this for all 18 holes. Needless to say he passed out in the car immediately and slept all the way home. Jason was only able to get a few pictures - Yes, I made him take the camera. Mom couldn't miss a picture moment like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment