My Family

My Family

Monday, March 15, 2010

A perfect evening on the island

As my recent post explains, our family was beginning to go a little stir crazy being stuck inside for almost 2 weeks. I know Brody was going crazy and just wanted to be outside so the weather finally cooperated and weekend before last we all packed up and went to Fernandina for the afternoon. Now this takes a lot of planning - naps and food must be well planned and PLEASE don't forget anything. It is a real chore but I knew it would be worth it. Jason played golf that morning and of course it lasted longer than expected (frost delay so it wasn't his fault)- it always seems to happen that way when something is planned.

Anyway, I had pretty much everything packed, everyone fed, everyone had naps and we were ready. We were off to the park for Brody to run around and burn off some energy and for Trevor to just be bundled up and try and enjoy being outdoors - because of course he was trying to get sick at the time. Brody had lots of fun and even Trevor got to enjoy the swing a little.




While Brody played, Trevor and I did venture over to the Garden Show and I was very interested in the herbs. I have been wanting to try to grow a few herbs but not sure how difficult it would be because I surely did not get my Grandmother's green thumb. I didn't purchase anything but we'll see what will happen with the herb idea this spring.

After the park, we drove down to Center Street and walked down to the dock. Trevor fell asleep immediately and stayed asleep the entire walk - he was one little tired boy. Once we arrived to the dock, what did we see but one of my favorite animals - a lonely dolphin trying to get some food and he was really close. Brody thought it was prety cool - and of course so did his mom.

Mr. Cool


Our little dolphin friend.

My son smells the great aroma of Bretts' and is ready to eat. Everything revolves around food with this child which is why there is usually always some type of food in my purse because there will be a meltdown. Not being too familiar with downtown Fernandina we weren't sure of any kid friendly eating establishments so we packed up and headed to The Loop. One can never go wrong there.

I have to say this is only about the 3rd or 4th time we have taken both boys out to eat and they did GREAT!!! I was so happy - now it was probably because we were eating dinner a little early and Trevor had a late nap, but it was all good. Oh and maybe it had something to do with the bribe of eat your food and you can have this

1 comment:

  1. Trevor is so cute in that swing picture, Jenny! Looks like y'all had a fun family day. We love going to Fernandina and just walking around.

    ReplyDelete