My Family

My Family

Friday, March 12, 2010

One sick little boy

Brody has had an ear infection since mid Jan and had been on 2 different antibiotics. He has had really never had an ear infection or at least never complained of one - which we have been extremely blessed. Well, a few weeks ago, we went for a follow up and Dr. Hardman said that he still had fluid so we should continue a nose spray and hopefully it would go away.

Well wouldn't you know that night he started running a fever and it continued for a couple of days. So, Friday 2 weeks ago we went in for a sick appt and what do you know he still had an infection. They wanted to give a strong dose of antibiotics as a shot to try and knock it out. I surely wasn't expecting this especially since I was by myself. Not just 1 shot but THREE shots in his leg. Let me just say that this antibiotic better have worked because Brody screamed so loud that I think people 5 miles away heard him. I felt so sorry for him and the band aid didn't even make it better. We had to wait 20 minutes to make sure he didn't have any reaction to it and thankfully he didn't.

He is now our drama King because I finally got his mind off the shot with food of course but when Jason drove up the tears came flowing again. Jason took him home because being the great mom I am I was going to cake class - that really sounds horribile now but I really felt he was going to be okay. Thankfully my mom came over to help out and when Brody saw mom the tears came flowing once again. He really was in pretty bad shape that night because he tightened the leg after one shot and then they gave him another shot in that leg and it was extremely sore and had a knot on it. He even asked to be taken to bed at 8:30 - which is early for him.

After another 10 days of anitbiotics we are hoping the fluid is gone. We will find out on the 17th. I pray this stuff is gone. I just don't understand where and why there are so many ear infections these days when I was younger you didn't hear of them near as much. What is going on???

Here's the sick little boy struggling to find something new to do inside yet another day. We were loving staying in our pjs all day and loving being Spiderman - the black under his arms is his web.

1 comment:

  1. Brock went through the same thing around this time last year...the end result was two sets of tubes. Those shots are the worst! Hope it all works out:-) Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete