My Family

My Family

Friday, January 1, 2010

My BIG boy turns 3

On December 2, Brody turned 3 and we celebrated the weekend before with a Lightning McQueen party. It was Thanksgiving weekend but the Saturday after his birthday is the Christmas parade and is just crazy so I didn't need that much pressure.

The one issue that came up for that Saturday was the UF vs FSU game and of course it started at 4:00 - the same time as the party. I told Jason he couldn't stay inside so he thought of the next best thing - bring a tv outside.

The playroom transformed.


We rented a bouncy house and since it was a holiday weekend we were able to pick it up on Wednesday and we didn't have to return it until Monday - a great deal. He had a blast on it with a few of his friends and they would run back and forth from the bouncy house to the playground.



He loves Buzz Lightyear!!


When we asked Brody several months ago what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday he was quick with his response - Lightning McQueen. I ordered his cake from a cake shop since I wasn't feeling so chipper in making it for him. It turned out great but the icing didn't taste so great - I guess too much red food coloring.


Yes, his teeth are red - I guess he can't hide that he just ate a piece of cake.

This past year has been quite fun with Brody. I can actually have a conversation with him but bring in another adult to pull attention away from him things don't go so well. He has been a great helper with Trevor and hasn't shown any signs of jealousy - I am very thankful for that.

I am amazed every day at the things Brody knows. He knows his ABC's, 1-13 numbers, his colors and how to spell his name. He is now able to dress himself which has become a big help. He is completely potty trained even at night - what a relief!! One of the sweetest things is to hear Brody tell us the Bible stories he learned at school. I am so amazed and feel so blessed.

I am looking forward to what this upcoming year has in store for Brody - I'm sure he will amaze us.

No comments:

Post a Comment