My Family

My Family

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Festival of Lights

We wanted to take Brody to see Christmas lights this year so my mom mentioned that Wild Adventures was having a buy one get one free sale for their Festival of Lights, so the Saturday before Christmas we packed up with NeNe and Papa (my parents) and headed to Valdosta. This is the first time Jason and I had ever been. We called ahead and found out there would be about 6 kiddie rides open. We got there around 5:45 and didn't leave until 10PM.

It's amazing how much Brody has changed since the fair. He was so excited to ride the rides. He would get off of one and ready to ride the one right beside it. I think my parents had just as much fun as Brody. There was one time when my dad was walking with Brody and Elvis Christmas was playing throughout the park - he was so happy!!! Here are a few pictures of our evening.

Papa and Brody riding the SLOW choo choo train.









Brody, Daddy, Papa, and NeNe rode the spinning dragons. I don't do spinning rides.


Here's our last ride of the night - the ferris wheel. All 5 of us rode this. Brody wasn't so sure of this ride, but he was a trooper. He was definitely ready for bed.


I think Brody had a such a good time because even a week later he is saying "I ride turtle", "I ride he he (which is the horse)", "I ride bee", "It was fun". This is the first time we have been noticed him remembering something for a period of time. It's so cool to see how their little brains work.

No comments:

Post a Comment