My Family

My Family

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

First and maybe the Last!!

I've always wanted to make sugar cookies and decorate them, so for Brody's party I found a train cookie cutter and I thought I would be Ms. Domestic and make cute train cookies for his birthday. Well, I was smart enough to at least buy the rolled sugar cookie dough so I didn't have to make that from scratch. Of course, Brody wanted to help because he's been waiting to make choo choo train cookies since he saw the cookie cutter.


Needless to say, this was a difficult task. After rolling the dough out to try and get it as smooth as possible and then cutting out the train - sometimes the train didn't cooperate in being transferred to the cookie sheet. I was so excited to see what they looked like (even though my hopes weren't too high). When they came out of the oven - they didn't look like much of a train. However, Brody still knew they were choo choo train cookies.




Of course, I had to try and decorate them. The only chocolate icing I had had chocolate chips in it so of course this didn't come out of the make shift icing bag (ziploc bag with a small hole in the corner). After 5 bags busting, the wheels were finished. The blue train was a lot easier even though I'm not quite sure they look like trains. Oh well, you live and learn. Not sure if decorated sugar cookies will be on the menu for Christmas. Here's the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment