My Family

My Family

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

What a week

So the day after Thanksgiving, my mom and I did our annual Black Friday shopping.  Left at 5:30AM and arrived home at 10:30PM.  Yeah, it was a LONG day but so much fun.  We don't really have certain door busters we go for so we are just out for the experience.  After about 6 or 7 hours of shopping we stop for our annual lunch at Olive Garden with good friends and have a nice relaxing lunch with Dr. Pepper (boy did I need that caffeine).  I did most of my shopping that day so it is nice to get a chunk of it done in a day.

The following week was CRAZY!!!  I decided to paint the house - main room, halls - everything with the remaining khaki color from 11 years ago.  Now, I have been trying to decide on a color for about 2 months and my walls looked like a rainbow.  So after 10 samples and about 30 texts back and forth with Stephanie, we finally decided on a color and thanks to Stephanie I had my work cut out for me the upcoming week.

My rainbow of colors

I had get it done quickly because Brody's birthday party was at the house on the next Saturday.  Nothing like putting everything together in a week.

We started painting Wednesday night before Thanksgiving and Jason, my dad and Brody did a little while I was shopping.

We then finished it all up Wednesday night.  Now if that wasn't bad enough to try and paint 3 rooms before a party - put getting sick in the loop.  Yeah that was me and after a visit to Solantic on Friday morning to get some drugs I was feeling a little better and ready for a birthday party.

Let me just say this paint roller is the best $25 I ever spent.  It made painting so much easier and faster.

Of course with a big ladder and tape in the house, here is what my boys enjoy doing.

My tape warriors.

Once the walls were all finished, we had to decide on the main wall because we didn't want to paint all of the walls the same color so we decided on a chevron wall.  So, the painting was a little more time consuming than I had hoped.

Jason painting the trim.

So off I went to taping off for the chevron wall.

After 9 hours of taping and 4 hours of painting - it was all done.  Thanks to Jason for finishing up the touch up at the top since there was no way I could climb up the ladder with no energy!!

I am very happy with the results.

 Now I have to change out my accessories.  What a change.  Oh yeah, and to make the week even crazier, our dishwasher went out.  What a week for this to happen, so off I went to wash dishes for awhile.  I was counting down the days until we bought a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment