My Family

My Family

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Operation Christmas Child

A tradition we have been doing in our family for the past few years is participating in Operation Christmas Child.  This is where you pack a shoebox full of goodies to be given to a little boy or girl in a third world country.  

We take the boys shopping so they can pick out the items they want to pack.  This year was so much fun.  Brody was all into it.  He had the long list of suggested items and was reading them off so we could find them.  I love to see them getting involved and wanting to give to others - it warms my heart.

This year they each found items for a little boy their age.  As we sat down and packed them up, I think we needed bigger shoeboxes.


They were so proud to carry their shoeboxes to church the next Sunday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment