My Family

My Family

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Tennis anyone?

Since Brody isn't enjoying soccer too much, we thought he would like tennis more.  Now, don't worry he still has to finish out the soccer season, but I don't think he 'll be signing up next season.  We found out about this tennis clinic in Yulee for Tiny Tots and thought it would be great for Brody.  It's on Friday for an hour.

The first lesson we went to - it was like night and day compared to soccer.  Brody jumped out of the car and wasn't nervous at all.  He ran onto the court like he does this thing all the time.  He did so good and had so much fun.  He did really well for his first time - he just has to learn how to keep the ball INSIDE the court - a little too much power.

While Brody practiced, Trevor and I sat outside the court with a blanket and some food.  Trevor was having a blast just hanging out with mama.  I was in shock that he just sat there with me for the entire hour - no running around.  Wow, I didn't think Trevor was capable of doing that.



Here's the conversation when we got back in the car:
Me "Did you have fun?"
Brody "Yes"
Me "Do you like it more than soccer?"
Brody "Oh yeah"

I really didn't get any pictures of him playing because an old high school friend showed up with her son who is also taking lessons and we chatted for about 30 minutes of the lesson - maybe next time.

I think single sports are more the pace for Brody - golf and tennis - just like his daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment