My Family

My Family

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What a weekend

Of course when you have all of these plans made for a nice weekend, it will never work out that way.  I think that is God's way of saying "Hey, I'm in charge, not you".  Well, this is what happened to me this past weekend.

Trevor has had a fever off and on since we got back from our beach weekend but I kept thinking it would go away on it's own.  Well, Friday he started brushing his ears a little so I decided to call the doctor.  They said I could come in or just wait to see how he was Sat morning.  Yeah, looking back I should have just gone in on Friday but I thought I would just wait.  I don't want to be the mom who takes their child in for every little thing and is constantly getting antibiotics.  Sure enough Saturday morning Trevor wasn't any better so we had an appt to see Dr. Baker at 10:20.

Well, there went my plans because you see we were going to all go to the beach for the day and then Jason had a tee time in the afternoon out at Sawgrass.  It was going to be perfect.  Well, God thought otherwise so off we headed to the doctor.  Thankfully Jason suggested that afterwords we would walk around the Riverside Arts Market, so I felt a little better.

Anyway, sure enough Trevor had a double ear infection.  Dr. Baker asked us if anyone else had been sick and so we asked her to check Brody and he ALSO had a double ear infection.  SCORE - both kids with double ear infections - do I win an award of something?  Just kidding.  Thankfully, neither of my boys show too many irritable signs of ear infections so usually the doctor tells us about them when we have a well appt.  The only sign that Brody shows is that he can be quite ugly and acts unlike his normal self, which is why I wanted them to check his ears because some uglyness was shining though on Friday.

After the doctor we headed a few blocks over to the Riverside Arts Market.  It was HOT though so thankfully it was under the Fuller Warren bridge which offered some relief.  We walked around for a little while and then listened to some live Folk Music while we ate some lunch by the river. 

The boys had pretty much had enough so we picked up some fresh cherry tomatoes and oranges (Brody's picks) from some local growers and headed out, but not without a couple of screams about it being so hot and the sun in his eyes.  Boy was I looking forward to keeping them all night since Jason would be playing golf. 

Thankfully they weren't too bad - little antibiotics and a good nap can cure most things.

No comments:

Post a Comment