My Family

My Family

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

PBA?? I don't think so.

One of our bucket list items was to go bowling.  Well, I don't think any of us are ready for the Professional Bowlers Association after Thursday night's showing.

With boys we have to keep them active so we thought bowling would be great and Jason and I both enjoy bowling (it was our first date).  Maybe we should have picked a better time.  We went last Thursday evening - Tuesday and Thursday's aren't always the best because it's a school day and somebody doesn't get a nap, but we thought it would be ok.

We headed to Cassat Batt Bowl with my parents (who used to be in a bowling league).  The main bowling alley was full so they sent us over to the side area which was actually much nicer.  Thank goodness we were the only ones in that area for awhile.  Brody and Trevor loved to grab their 6 pound ball and carry it to the ball ramp.  Trevor got so excited regardless if he knocked any pins down.  Brody was so funny to watch as he would pump his arms after he knocked some down.

Picking out our perfect ball.


And we are off....





My dad was trying to tell her the right way to bowl :)


This went on for almost the first game, but then Trevor found the snacks in my purse and didn't really want much to do with bowling.  Then Brody just wanted to eat as well so we ended up finishing out their 2nd game for them.


Brody trying the ol' granny roll.
I learned valuable lessons that night - feed the kids BEFORE we go bowling, morning time might be better, and let them bowl continuously on their own lane so they don't get bored.  Even though the boys weren't on their best behavior that night and I was ready to pull my hair out, we still plan on going back and giving it another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment