My Family

My Family

Saturday, August 27, 2011

I'm no Okefenokee Joe

If you went to school in Nassau county then you probably remember Okefenokee Joe.  This was a guy with a HUGE Southern accent who visited the schools.  He would bring along several "friends" in wooden boxes...SNAKES!!!  Back then I wasn't a big fan of his friends and I still am not!!

A couple of Saturday's ago around 7:45 AM, I was brushing my teeth and all of a sudden Brody bursts into our room, jumped on the bed and was screaming like a girl - "There's a snake in the kitchen".  I thought whatever - it's probably one of those skinks, so I asked Brody how big and it was about the size of a skink. Jason, who was still kind of asleep, gets out of the bed and tells us all to calm down.

Now where was Trevor in all of this?  Well, Jason opened the bedroom door and there he stands saying "Snake" and pointing.  Brody in his scared state of mind had closed the door in Trevor's face and left him out there to take care of the snake.

Jason goes to scope out the situation and sure enough it was a little brown snake about 6-7 inches long.  He took care of it with a broom because it DID NOT belong in our house.

So, I tried to google a picture of what it looked like but I couldn't even bring myself to find one.  I freaked out everytime I pulled one up and couldn't close the browser fast enough.  So, no pictures in the post.

I asked Brody the details about it and he said when he went to get his poptart, he looked down and it was about 2 inches from his feet which is when he screamed and ran!!

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing, where is its mama??  I definitely look twice when I'm in the garage. All I keep thinking is what if I had seen that thing - I probably would have passed out or hurt myself trying to get away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment