My Family

My Family

Sunday, August 7, 2011

First sleepover

Jason's sister, Tara, had her little baby girl EARLY Friday morning.  With 2 boys on antibiotics, we thought it would be best to not take them up to the hospital.  I hated not to be able to go up there, but Jason went up there around lunchtime to represent us.  When he came home he brought home a visitor - Cale - Tara's little boy.  He actually was pretty excited to come home with Uncle Jason.  Tara wasn't sure how he was going to do when it got bedtime.

Brody and Trevor were pretty excited to have Cale over to play and spend the night.  We asked Brody where Cale was going to sleep and he said he was sleeping with him.  They all played pretty good together.  Of course there were the typical - "he pushed me", "he hit me", "I had it first", but other than that it went pretty good.

Since Friday was the day before Trevor's birthday party, I was finishing up Trevor's cake so thankfully Jason kept the boys occupied.  Of course when you have 3 boys and it's bathtime what else do you except this...




Going to bed was quite an experience.  Brody and Cale got in the bed around 10:00 with not too many problems.  Around 10:45, I could still hear talking so I walked in and they were reading a book by the light of the aquarium - so sweet but definitely time for bed.  Jason said they were still chatting around 11:30.  Thankfully they weren't too tired the next day.  It's hard for me to remember that when I had sleepovers when I was young, we didn't sleep much either.

Overall it was a successful first sleepover - sure there will be more in the future.

2 comments: