My Family

My Family

Monday, November 8, 2010

Red and Gold - Callahan Style

Since I am blessed to be able to work part time - off on Wednesdays and Fridays, this gives me to opportunity to do things with the boys. The Friday before Halloween was Homecoming in our home town which means Homecoming Parade. I knew Brody would enjoy it but not sure how I was going to be able to handle Mr. Mover - aka Trevor.

This is only the 2nd Homecoming parade I've been to since I graduated high school almost 17 years ago - wow that makes me sound old. Anyway, we arrived about 30 minutes early because you have to have a decent spot to watch the parade. Baylie and Tracy eventually joined us as well.
Check out Trevor's droopy eyes - can't you tell he's about to be gone.
About 20 minutes before the parade started, Trevor fell asleep - thank goodness. However, I didn't want him to have his whole nap in the stroller (mama needs some peace and quiet at home during nap time) so I woke him up when the parade started and they all 3 seemed to have fun.



Nothing like a few of the girls/guys in the homecoming court riding on the back of big pickup trucks - only in Callahan do you see something like this. Gone are the days when the kids work until all hours of the night shoving tissue paper into chicken wire for a float for the Homecoming court to ride on - now they just ride on the back of trucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment