My Family

My Family

Thursday, November 11, 2010

2 concerts in 1 week- whew!!

A couple of weeks ago (yes, it always seems that I am posting so in the past), Jason and I went to the Carrie Underwood concert on Tuesday night and then to the A Night With the Chapmans on Friday night. It was a VERY busy week, but oh so worth it.

We had purchased Carrie tickets several months ago when they first went on sale. I am not much of a Country music fan but I am a Carrie fan. Yes, I did my share of voting for her on AI, so I like to say I helped her become what she is today :)

Our seats were great, but unfortunately didn't take my camera in so I only have the no so great cell phone camera - this will teach me to not leave home without my camera anymore. Let me just say that this girl can sing and she did for a little over 2 hours straight with about 5 wardrobe changes. One of the coolest things was that she came out "riding" in a blue truck flying around the arena. Yes, I know the pictures aren't so great.


When she sang "Jesus Take the Wheel" she ended it with "How Great Thou Art" - WOW!! I felt like we were in a church service - tears were flowing. You should You Tube it and take a listen.

So, if 1 concert in the week wasn't enough we decided on Friday to go to the A Night With the Chapmans and I'm so glad we went. I knew if Jason and I drove all the way down and back to Ft Lauderdale to hear him and Michael W Smith in concert, I definitely needed to go 25 minutes to hear his whole family.

We were on the 6th row and felt like we were just in someone's house listening to him. His oldest son's band, Caleb opened for him which was pretty cool to see his son following in his footsteps. Then Steven came out and sang for about 2 hours - since he's been singing since his mullet days, he has so many songs it is so hard to get everyone's favorite in, but he did a good job.

Caleb on the left with his dad singing beside him.


One of my favorite parts was his wife, Mary Beth coming out to speak. Do you know her maiden name was Chapman as well - pretty neat, huh? She spoke on how they met and the difficult time their family has gone through since the tragic death of their little girl. Another concert with no dry eyes. Her talk encouraged me so much to trust God through all of our circumstances and even though we may go through difficult times, God has a reason and purpose. The Chapmans with the help of so many have been able to open up a huge facility in China to assist with special needs children. Wow, it was so encouraging to hear of all the work being done.

Whew, what a busy week but oh so much fun. This was only the beginning of this busy season that is here, which means lots of blogging left to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment