My Family

My Family

Sunday, November 21, 2010

First Pumpkin Carving & Decorating

For the past several years we have always gone to a pumpkin patch but never have bought a pumpkin - we go just for pictures. This year however, Jason thought we should buy a pumpkin and actually try our hand at carving. Sure why not!!

We picked out our BIG pumpkin and a couple of small pumpkins for Trevor and Brody to decorate. Since we carved the pumpkin so late in the month we didn't do much of a Halloween scene - just a smily face. Jason actually free handed it on the pumpkin - very impressive.

Since this was our first time we really had no idea on what the best approach was so Jason just dug in. It was pretty gross of course and then I wanted to try to bake the seeds which turned out good - a little salty.


For Brody and Trevor, I brought out the Sharpie's. Yes, they were CLOSELY monitored because I surely didn't need some extra color on the walls.

Check out my multi tasker - decorating his pumpkin and watching the tv - can't miss the latest Diego or KaiLan.
Well, I thought it was best for Trevor to have just a pen, but he still wasn't very interested.
After about only a week outside, the big pumpkin collapsed and started attracting some bugs so it was time to toss it away. This was the only picture I was able to get of it outside. I sure wasn't expecting it to collapse so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment