My Family

My Family

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Garage Clean OUT

For some reason our garage is ALWAYS dirty. Yes, we have a lot of stuff in there aka toys, lawn stuff, toys and more toys but for some reason there is a ton of dirt in there - maybe it's just the way our garage faces. Oh yeah there were a lot of love bugs in there as well, so finally about a week or so ago it was time to take EVERYTHING out and clean it out. It always makes me feel so much better when it's done but it's a chore to do especially with a 15 month old who is all over the place.
The clean out came at a good time since Tracy and I were having a garage sale that weekend. I was ready to go that Wednesday morning and moved EVERYTHING out while the boys were playing pretty good with each other. They got out the bubbles and were having a blast. But what do you get when you have a sleepy baby who has played in the bubbles and rubs his eyes - you guessed it one screaming baby. I rushed him inside to wash them out since he was so dirty might as well just strip him and give him a bath. We got all washed & cleaned and went to put his clothes on, Trevor decides to rub his eyes again because he is so sleepy and I still see suds building, so off we go AGAIN to the tub and I REALLY pour water over his eyes. Thankfully they were pretty cleaned out this time.

While both boys took afternoon naps, I was able to finish the garage. However, I don't really have a before or after picture so you get an inbetween picture.




Here's just another story for me to remember - even though I will want to try and forget this one:

The Saturday of the garage sale, Jason brought the boys over around 11:00 and Baylie and Brody were having a blast playing outside. We didn't have too many customers that day so it was pretty uneventful until a lady and her husband came up with their 2 boys - one older than Brody and one a little younger.

They had been there for about 10 minutes and the next thing I hear is the lady say "Um, your son has chased my son into our car with a gun". I look out to the car and all we see is the door open and Brody half way in the car. Yes, our timid little boy around strangers!! Can you just imagine what is going on in my head? I made a beeline straight for my child - praying I don't hurt him too badly and as I pass the lady I say my apologies. I don't stop to chat though but later I find out from Tracy that she was steadily saying "and we don't play with guns". I'm kind of glad I didn't hear that because I would have loved to ask and what is your secret because we don't either - we have NO guns in the house, his dad is the furtherest person away from even having a gun so please tell me your secret!!

As I snatched him away from the car and took the "water" gun away from him - the little boy was curled up in the corner of the car just a crying. I felt a little sorry for the boy, but I was so upset with my own son at the time I just asked Jason to deal with him because I might hurt him if I did anything right then.

This whole gun thing seems to have gotten out of control with Brody. When he first started pretending he was shooting a gun we didn't make a big deal - per Dr. Dobson because we thought it was just a little phase and it would go away. Well, it hasn't - it has gotten WORSE. I know it's a boy thing, but man should it really be this bad. It really goes to show that they must be born with it AND school doesn't help the situation because he doesn't watch any of our shows like CSI, or any other shooting type movies. All I know is this really needs to go away quickly. I sure hope we don't have any more episodes like this, but don't worry I'll be sure to blog about them if we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment