My Family

My Family

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Family Fun Day at the Arts Market

A couple Saturday's ago, we all headed to the Riverside area (under the Fuller Warren Bridge) in Jacksonville for the Riverside Arts Market "RAM". This is held every Saturday starting around March. There are all types of vendors - clothing, art, fresh vegetables, and food. There's also all sorts of street entertainment going on and on this particular Saturday they were having a children's singer so I thought Brody would enjoy it and it was something different.

Jason and I walked up on one in NY the last time we were there and it was a lot of fun just browsing around at all of the different stuff. I especially would love to be able to purchase the fresh fruits & vegetables if I were able to go there every weekend.

Brody was pretty excited just to be able to see the river which the RAM is right on it. We walked around for a couple of hours and then the children's singer was to start around lunch time so we grabbed some food and sat down for the show. Brody was really enjoying himself by showing off his dance moves - I guess he got them from me since I don't have any moves!! His dancing consists of mostly falling on the ground - not sure what that is all about, but he enjoys himself.

Showing off his dance moves


The only purchases were food - lunch, cookies & a loaf of Italian bread for dinner. Not too bad. The boys fell asleep within 10 minutes of being in the car - they are such good car sleepers. Once Brody got up from his nap about 2 hours later - he and Jason headed to Folkston to play a round of golf. Ahhh, this is only the beginning. Brody had a blast of course.

I just love days like this when the entire family does something together and it's not just staying inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment