My Family

My Family

Saturday, September 18, 2010

It was a Zoo of a day!

When I got home on Tuesday this week there was a wonderful surprise in our mailbox - an annual membership to the zoo. I really didn't know who it was from - I just assumed it was my mom. I found out it was from the person we gave our big screen tv to awhile back. He said he was enjoying it so much that he wanted to do something for us and mom suggested a zoo membership. So, we all took off on Saturday for a day at the zoo to celebrate our new membership.


This was Trevor's first real trip to the zoo (he went when he was REAL young and didn't even get out of the stroller) so we were hoping he would enjoy it - this was a test for our Disney trip in November. He took it all in as he sat in the front of the stroller. We took him out every now and then so he could see the animals and he would point and say "dat". We have been to the zoo several times but the animals this trip were so active and were so close so it was quite cool to see them all moving around. Here's a few pictures from our wonderful day.

All ready for his big zoo outing.

Showing mama "dat" - aka birds or anything else he saw.

This is NOT my favorite exhibit so Jason thought it would be great to take a picture. When Jason doesn't come with us we bypass this building. As soon as I step foot into this building I feel that these slithery suckers are slithering right up my legs.

Look real close at the bird in the cage - Brody was chasing him or he was chasing Brody - not sure which it was but it was too cute.

He really loved the giraffes - maybe it was because he had a giraffe on his shirt :)

Taking a snack break.

This Tapir was taking a break as well - this was one of the ugliest creatures.

Thank goodness it wasn't too hot on Saturday, but it was definitely warm enough to cool off in the splash park.

Trevor enjoyed it as well but mostly just being able to walk around (not in the water though). He was our social butterfly going up to everyone.

This was the sweetest thing ever. We took a shave ice break and all 3 of us shared with Trevor

Trevor's first merry go round ride. I'm sure it won't be the last since Brody could just go to the zoo and ride it all day long - however, mama can't ride it too many times (I guess I'm getting a little too old)

Of course all smiles on his favorite thing to do.

This monkey was taking it easy - it was so funny

Trevor was such a champ. He made it to about 1:00 and he had had enough.

1 comment:

  1. I am so behind on my blogging, Jenny, and just now trying to catch up. I love that y'all took the boys to the zoo. We took Allie last October and really need to take her back. She would love it now!

    Thanks so much for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete