My Family

My Family

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Choo Choo - the train is coming!

When Brody was 2, Nana bought him a nice wooden train set. We found a good deal on an activity table that fit it perfectly so we put the train together several times. However, it would easily fall down and not stay together so Brody wouldn't play with it too much because it was usually a pile of train pieces on the table.
This is actually a good day on how the train looks - it's usually A LOT worse.

A couple of weeks ago, I asked my dad (Mr. Buildit) to cut a piece of board to fit on the table so I could glue the train together and be able to lift off the board to use the table for other things if I ever wanted to.

After spraying the board green and little by little gluing the train together (this took forever - it was so tedious to glue every little piece)- here's our finished product


I can't believe it took me almost 2 years to do this because Brody plays with it all of the time. It's also a big help since Trevor liked to grab a piece or 2 of the train and chew on it or try and hit you. Whew, finished just in time before somebody got too hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment