My Family

My Family

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to school he goes

Our beach vacation happened to be the first week of Brody's new class, but oh well. He is still going just Tuesday's and Thursday's and Mrs. Robin Carr is keeping him and Trevor on Monday's. Thank the Lord she came around - we are so thankful. She is our youth pastor's wife and they have 5 grown kids - so I think she is well experienced.

Jason still has morning duty, which he does so good at this. I lay out Brody's clothes the night before and thankfully Brody can get dressed all by himself. The night before, I packed his NEW Buzz Lightyear backpack - HE WAS SOOOOO EXCITED. So, Tuesday morning he jumped right out of bed, ate breakfast, put his clothes on, immediately had to put on his backpack, brushed his teeth and helped daddy take out Allye - yes all with his backpack on. Do you think he was a little excited?


Off they went to school to his new 3 year old class. His teacher is Mrs. Rose - I feel for her with about 15-18 3 year olds and A LOT of boys. I hear she is pretty firm which is what they will need. Brody actually had Mrs. Rose some during the summer and he really liked her. He would always come home with a stamp & a sticker for being very good. He's quick to tell us who got in trouble that day AND he even tells us if he got in trouble. I wonder if that will last?

The one thing we struggle with is taking naps. He is a very good nap taker at home but they put on a movie during nap time and little boy just doesn't want to sleep so Tuesday and Thursday nights can be difficult.

I can't wait to see what all he will learn this year. At 3 1/2 he knows
  • his colors
  • can count to 20 and can continue further if we help him with the change to 30, 40, etc
  • his alphabet
  • can write his name and knows how to write a lot of other letters
  • can easily put TONS of puzzles together by himself
  • loves Buzz Lightyear and everything about Toy Story (yes I know this really isn't school related but it's the biggest craze right now)

One of these days, I'll visit his classroom and get a picture of him with Mrs. Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment