My Family

My Family

Monday, September 7, 2009

A Day of Fun in the Sun

Last Monday, Jason took off work so we could meet Daniel, Jessica, and Caleb at Adventure Landing water park. Caleb is a year older than Brody and since Caleb lives on the other side of the world, they don't see each other very often. We thought it would be good for them to play and what better place then a water park. We quickly found out that we have 2 scared little boys. They didn't want much to do with the water park and the kiddie section was the only thing open. I don't even think Brody went down a single slide - thank goodness he was free. He did enjoy the lazy river though. I on other hand just hung out with Trevor in the shade - or so I thought it was shade. I have to admit that Trevor got a little too much sun for a 4 week old. I felt like such a terrible mom. It was an overcast day and he wasn't out of the carrier for that long.





My little man lounging out.

As for Brody and Caleb all they really cared about were the games inside. They had a blast running back and forth to the different games - they didn't really even need tokens - they thought they were playing.
Isn't it amazing how little boys just seem to know what to do with guns???


That evening we met Nana, Poppy and Wendi for dinner at Ichiban. We weren't really sure how Brody would do here because the last time we went to a Japanese restaurant for my birthday he did not like it all. He still wasn't so sure about the place. As soon as he saw fire come from a side table he wanted to go to the bathroom and told Jason he didn't want to go back out. However, he did get better with the experience and actually ate some food. I would hate to think that we couldn't go to a Japanese restaurant anymore with him.

I love days like this - all 3 of us spending time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment