My Family

My Family

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Christmas outings with friends

During December we did a couple of "Christmasy" (is that a word?) things with Adam and Stephanie and our families.  One was visiting the Live Nativity at Ponte Vedra Presbyterian Church.  The church as been putting this on for many years and I have always wanted to go but I knew it would be crowded.  However, we arrived right when they opened the doors, so it wasn't too bad.

We had about 11 in our group.

There were real beggars/lepers.

There were lots of animals for the kids to pet - birds, donkeys, camels and llamas.





The kids had the chance to try out making pottery, dying clothes, writing calligraphy, and grinding their own grain.







The main reason for our trip to Bethlehem was to see baby "Jesus".



Our second trip was to Okefenokee Swamp for their Christmas lights and train ride.  This was our 2nd trip there.  After eating dinner at Okefenokee Restaurant with about 25 people, we headed to the the swamp.  Thankfully this year we weren't too late to see Santa.

A little fun with the big alligator

Still not too old to ride the little train.

This was new for us this year - I guess we came at the right time.  Well, as soon as I saw they had live snakes out - I gave the camera to Jason so he could snap away.  There was no way I could stand in there.  It gives me the creeps just looking at these pictures now - I feel that they are sliding up my legs right now.





The gator was kind of cute, but Brody wasn't putting it on his head.



Finally time for the train.  The kids had fun seeing all of the lights.  It is a great time to spend with family and friends and has become one of our annual traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment