My Family

My Family

Monday, November 3, 2014

Disney Day 2 - Space Mountain Celebration

We woke up Friday morning and headed to Hollywood Studios for a little Star Tours and whatever else we could fit in.  My boys (all 3 of them) LOVE Star Tours and could ride it 10 times in a row if they could.  Of course the wait for Toy Story was over an hour and the boys said NO WAY to waiting for that.  We already had fast passes for Magic Kingdom rides that afternoon so I couldn't reserve any for Toy Story that morning.  Side note - I think Disney needs to work on this so you can have multiple fast passes for different parks - not just for one park.

Now my boys aren't real big on pictures and autographs with characters (mostly Brody isn't) so we don't normally stand in lines for these things - it's all about the rides!!  This is hard for me to overcome but I am trying.  We walked by the Mickey's Playhouse area and saw Jake out with not a long line so they actually (with a little persuasion) got his autograph and a picture.



Ever since we went to HS with Stephanie and Ava, one of their other favorite rides at Hollywood Studios is The Great Movie Ride.  I really can't believe because I would think they would think it is boring.  Outside the ride, Brody found Michael Jackson's handprints which is his favorite.

Hollywood Studios put in a couple of new "Frozen" features this past year.  I really had no intention of going to them because I thought they would be packed, but as you can see the snow village wasn't.


This was really a cute place.  The kids grabbed blocks to fill with snow and had a blast.  It was a very cute idea.

The closest thing us Floridians get to a snowman



Wandering Oaks Trading Post


We headed back to the hotel to grab costumes and then catch the bus to Magic Kingdom.  I really love how Disney decorates for everything.


Isn't this the cutest pic?  Brody is giving Trevor all of the insight information about Space Mountain.


One of the main reasons for our trip was because this big guy reached 44" and was now tall enough to ride Space Mountain.  He was so excited when he went to the doctor back in September and they told him how tall he was.  His first words "I can now ride Space Mountain".  He couldn't wait to get to the ride.  There was not a bit of hesitation with him - just pure excitement.

It's official!!



Big brother explaining it all to him.  Brody was so excited for his little brother to be able to finally ride it as well.


 Nothing like being in the front for your very first time riding Space Mountain.  There wasn't a bit of fear in him.



All smiles when he got out.  "That was awesome"!!  I think he rode it a total of 3 times while we were there.  He is a fan for sure!!  My little boy is growing up!

A couple more rides before we got ready for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.



No comments:

Post a Comment