My Family

My Family

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Roommate visit

It is amazing to look back and see how God brings people into your life that are such a blessing.  My first semester in college (many years ago) I moved into the dorms at Jacksonville University and did not know my roommate.  I struggled through that first semester because let's just say the two of us just weren't compatibile.  During one of our evening hall activities I met a girl that lived down the hall.  She was actually from a nearby city like I was and attended a church in Jacksonville which is where I was planning to visit while I was in college.  Her roommate was planning to join a sorority so she was going to need a roommate - and I definitely needed one.

I moved into her room spring semester and the fun began.  She started out as an education major which was hard seeing her cut out paper while my nose was in an accounting book.  Thankfully she changed her major to English and life was great!!  We got along great and both of us mostly went home every weekend.  So much for finding a boyfriend at school and never going home - Jason and I started dating my 2nd semester in college and he went to college 3 hours from me so we met back in Callahan every weekend. 

We made some great memories while we were in college.  She was my maid of honor in my wedding and I was in her wedding.  Unfortunately she moved out west and we lost contact with each other for a little while but thanks to social media we are able to keep in contact now - great reasons to love social media. 

Her sister now lives about 5 minutes from me and actually teaches at Brody's school so we have more reasons why we should stay in contact.  Back in January she was in town to see her parents and we decided to meet and catch up.  She came out to the house and the kids had a blast playing in the "country" and Trevor and her little Henry are identical - it was crazy!!  They even dressed very similar that day. 



It was so nice for the two of us to be able to catch up and it had definitely been too long for us to be apart. Her kids were so sweet.  The oldest Emma definitely is the mother and Ella was in love with Allye.

Hopefully it won't be so long in between our visits and we will see each other again real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment